July 16 – October 16
Replacement of three earthquake-damaged old brick wastewater manholes with pre-cast units along a Terrace by the Heathcote River, Opawa.
- Temporary works consisting of cofferdams 5.6m x 3.2m with m deep FSPIII sheet piles with multi-usage well point dewatering to allow excavation to 4.5m deep.
- Gravity main pumping for the duration of the works.
- Relocation of DN375 pressure main over the bridge without interfering traffic and over-pumped to allow driving of sheet piles safe
- Earthworks involving bulk excavation XXm3 and subsequent filling of XXm3
- Installation of 1200 x 1200 precast manholes
- Replacement of upstream and downstream DN600 RCRRJ pipes.